The International Conference on Law and Society (ICLAS) has been successfully organised for seven consecutive years with the involvement of many parties. The conference made its first debut on 15 to 17 February 2013, pioneered by International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY), Indonesia. This was followed by ICLAS 2 hosted by Harun Hashim Law Centre at IIUM. The third instalment was held at University of Istanbul, Turkey with the collaboration between three organisations namely University of Istanbul, Harun Hashim Law Centre (IIUM) and University Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA).
The fourth was held in Kuala Terengganu, hosted by Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UniSZA). The fifth ICLAS was again hosted by UniSZA and held at the Fatoni University in Pattani, Thailand on 11 and 12 April 2016. The sixth ICLAS was held in Yogyakarta and hosted by Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY), Indonesia. The seventh instalment was held in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, hosted by Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah of Laws and co-organised with Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
ICLAS 2019 is a continuation of the ICLAS brand name and was held in Istanbul, Turkey on 6 and 7 April 2019, hosted by Fatih Sultan Mehmet Vakif University, Istanbul, Turkey and co-organised with Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah of Laws, IIUM.
Objectives of the Conference
- To address pertinent issues to law, social sciences and business practices.
- To generate ideas and writings on such issues.
- To create networking between academics and with professional bodies and beyond.
The following are the organisations that have participated in ICLAS:
- Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyyah Of Laws, International Islamic University Malaysia
- Istanbul Medeniyet University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (Unisza) Malaysia
- University Of Istanbul, Turkey
- Suleyman Demirel University, Turkey
- Fateh Sultan Mehmet Vakif University, Istanbul, Turkey