The department offers undergraduate educational programmes that prepare undergraduates for professional and research careers in the profession of Audiology and Speech & Language Pathology. There are two programmes offered under this department, namely Bachelor of Audiology (Hons) and Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology (Hons).
The objectives of Bachelor of Audiology (Hons) are:
- To produce quality graduates in Audiology who are competent in the prevention, diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing and balance disorders
- To nurture future audiologist with the ability to integrate faith (iman), knowledge (ilm) and good character (akhlak) in their life and audiology practice
- To contribute to the improvement and upgrading of the Audiology field in Malaysia
- To excel in research and publication towards the enhancement of Audiology field for beneficent of the ummah.
The objectives of Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology (Hons) are:
- To produce excellent graduates in Speech-Language Pathology who are able to do appropriate assessment and management in speech-language disorders.
- To produce speech-language pathologist (SLP) with the ability to intergrate faith (iman), knowledge (‘ilm) and good character (akhlak) in their lives;
- To contribute to the improvement and upgrading of SLP services in Malaysia; and,
- To excel in research towards the enhancement of the field of speech sciences to benefit the ummah.
Assistant Professor Dr. Nor Azrita Bt. Mohamed Zain
Head of Department,
Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
Telephone: +609-571 4000 (ext. 5405)