The IIUM Hearing & Speech Clinic is a part of the Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, Kulliyyah of Allied Health Sciences.
It began its operation in March 2010 with the aim to provide hearing and speech services to the public as well as training for future audiologist and speech-language pathologists.
There are 6 audiometric cabins complete with the latest equipment for hearing diagnostics and rehabilitation and 3 beautifully designed sound treated rooms to allow for comfortable and focused speech-language therapy sessions.
All rooms are equipped with CCTV, enabling recording of clinical sessions for review with patients, parents and students.
The team consists of qualified personnel who are committed to provide excellent and friendly services.
- To be the centre of excellence in hearing and speech-language healthcare provision and education.
- Provide comprehensive assessment, intervention and rehabilitation for patients with hearing and speech-language disorders.
- Provide a constructive arena for training of future audiologist and speech-language pathologists.
- Integrate Islamic values in service and practice.
Who is an Audiologist?
An audiologist is a professional with a degree from accredited university specializing in the prevention, identification, diagnosis, intervention and rehabilitation of hearing & balance disorders.
Who is a Speech-Language Pathologist?
A speech -language pathologist is a professional with a degree from accredited universities specializing in the prevention, identification, diagnosis, intervention and rehabilitation of human communication disorders.
IIUM Hearing & Speech Clinic has audiologist & Speeech-language pathologist dedicated to various clinical interest and expertise.
IIUM Hearing & Speech Clinic Offer Services as below:
- Hearing assessments for children and adults.
- Neonatal hearing screening.
- Fitting of hearing aids and accessories.
- Sales and services of hearing aids and hearing impaired.
- Balance assessments and reports.
- Evaluation of speech, language, voice and swallowing for children and adults.
How to contact us?
IIUM Hearing & Speech Clinic
International Islamic University Malaysia
Jalan Hospital, 25150 Kuantan
Pahang Darul Makmur.
Tel./ Fax.: 09-5177627